Benefits & Perks
In addition to offering an energetic community that encourages learning and celebrates diversity, Vanderbilt University provides its faculty and staff with a benefits package that is comprehensive and flexible. Components for benefits-eligible employees include:
- Health insurance - Two health plan options allow you to choose the coverage that works best for you and your family. Fully benefits-eligible employees can cover themselves, eligible children, and spouses. Partially benefits-eligible employees can cover themselves and their eligible children. The plans all offer preventive care as well as low-cost options for prescription drugs.
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Employer-paid life insurance, with the option to purchase additional supplemental coverage.
- 403(b) retirement plan with a voluntary pre-tax and/or Roth after-tax investment option. Eligible employees can also receive up to 5% in fully vested matching contributions.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance.
- Subsidized on-campus child care centers.
- Tuition assistance for you, your spouse, and eligible dependent children.
- Pet insurance
You may learn more about our benefit package details here .
- Enjoy lectures, classes, concerts, exercise classes, seminars, and lunch and learns. See events.usavelo.com for a list.
- Transportation Discounts - By swiping or scanning your Vanderbilt ID, you can ride WeGo, Music City Star, and Regional Transporation Authority for free anytime.